Recipe Courtesy of Bakerella
Mint Oreo Truffles
1 pkg. Double Stuf Oreos - Cool Mint Flavor - (1 lb. , 1 oz. pkg.)
• use 22 cookies with cream centers included
• use 10 cookies with cream centers discarded
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
chocolate bark or candy coating*
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor or a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together completely.
- Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place covered in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to help retain shape when dipping in melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
Refrigerate and enjoy!
*Or, go green:
white chocolate bark/candy coating for dipping
green candy melts for dipping
- Make your green and/or white shamrocks first (see picture below). You can use a ziploc bag with a small corner cut off or a decorating bag with with a small round tip attached to make the shamrocks. Use a toothpick to direct chocolate into desired shamrock shape. (Of course, in hindsight, this would have been a lot easier if I had found some little shamrock sprinkles.) Let dry.
- Then, dip half the truffles in white chocolate and the other half in green.
- If necessary, dip them again for a smooth finish. I found it necessary, especially for the white ones.
- Then, on the second dipping, while still wet, press your cooled shamrocks gently on the top of your truffles.
- For another effect, you can take the ziploc bag of chocolate and drizzle across each truffle with the alternating color.
Makes about 36 truffles.
Recipe amended from Kraft Food & Family Fall 2006.
Bakerella used a brand from Hobby Lobby for the green candy melts and regular white chocolate bark found at Kroger for the rest.