You Will Need:
-stationary weight paper in red, white, and blue (8.5 x 11)
-Paper cutter or scissors
-1/8-inch hole punch
-White cotton stringInstructions
1. Cut paper down to 6 x 11". Using the edge of the ruler to make crisp folds, fold the paper in half; then, fold it in half twice more. Open the folded paper, and use the creases as guides to accordion fold the paper to resemble a fan (come girls, I know we've all done this when we were kids!).
2. With the paper still folded, find the center, and mark it with a pencil. Use a desktop stapler to staple the center. (The staple should be perpendicular to the folds.)
3. Make a mark, 1 inch from each end on the folded side of the fan. Using scissors, trim both ends of the paper on an angle, starting from the 1-inch marks and cutting to the paper's edges.
4. Fan out the paper to form a star, and bring the ends together. Staple the ends together with a mini-stapler.
5. With a 1/8-inch hole punch, punch 2 holes, one fold apart from each other.
Thread cord through one hole, around the back of the star, and then through the other hole.
Compliments of : martha