Thursday, October 2, 2008

Coming Soon

I (aka Nana) decided it would be fun to sew some little outfits for Ella & Addie to wear for Halloween this year...not cosutmes, just cute matching skirts and tops.
I found the perfect pattern HERE. They also have lots of yummy fabrics, so I had to get
some Amy Butler prints.
This is the pattern

I really love this pattern because it is easily adapted for sizes 6 Months to 7 Years and can be used over and over, where in traditional patterns are cut to size which makes it hard to alter later if you want to make it in a new size. yadayadayada

I was really tempted to use Halloween fabrics for the skirts but I wanted the cutie pies to be able to wear them for more than one month. I had some fun prints to work with. I'm going to applique little white t-shirts with something "halloweenish" and pick up some of the prints from the skirt.

Better get sewing!

7 comments:

Marci said...

I CAN'T WAIT to see them :-)!!!!!

Chrissy said...

haha, Marci is so excited! :)

Hi Kelly!
Those patterns are precious!

Thanks for the lovely compliment! You know, photoshop makes those things pretty fool-proof. Its a LOT of fun ;)

I adore your new banner! That teal color you have in your background is my absolute favorite color. good choice.

I'll have to keep checking in to see what other fun things you're doing...

Diane said...

Such adorable little outfits! I can't wait to see them! Ella and Addie are so lucky to have you....and you are lucky to have such cute little dolls to sew for!

Kelley said...

Diane~We do have the cutest little granddaughters ever...don't we!

Annemarie said...

Lucky, lucky girls!! I cant wait to see pics!

Diane said...

The little outfits are the cutest things I've ever seen! They look like clothing from a high-end boutique. Beautiful job, Kelley!

I tried to leave a comment on your most recent post but got an error message. not sure why.???

Kelley said...

Thanks Diane. I think I know what happened. I changed my mind on the little shirts and decided to add legs to the birds. I was re-doing those pictures. We must be on here together! I appreciate your input, coming from you that's HUGE! Hugs!