Saturday, October 4, 2008

a little peek

Addie's Skirt

I have the little skirts finished except for the elastic in the waistbands. I need their cute mom to get me their tummy measurements.

Ella's Skirt Would you believe she only has a yardstick or ruler, no measuring tape! She got the skirt length for me but it was a bit difficult to measure around their waists! I really need to get that girl a measuring tape ...


In the meantime, I've been thinking about what to do on their little t-shirts. I love Heather Bailey 's bird

that was featured in Mary Englebreit's Home Companion, my all time favorite magazine.I used this pattern. Party Chicks™
So this is the plan.....

I love doing these little projects, so I've had to pace myself. Today I'm supposed to be cleaning, so I'll go scour a bathroom and reward myself with time in the sewing room. I have also been told by a certain someone that I have to read at least 3 chapters in Twilight...or else. AND it's General Conference weekend which I absolutely LOVE. We're recording it. The things we can do now-a-days! Tomorrow after the afternoon session we're having "Partridge" tacos at my parents. My mom wants to go around the table and let everyone tell their favorite talk and why. I thought that was such a great idea, thanks Mom!

7 comments:

Marci said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! They are even cuter than I had imagined...I LOVE the bird on the shirts and they'll for sure be able to wear the skirts long after Halloween! THANK YOU :-)!!! I'm so lucky you are so talented!

Holly and Brad said...

Boy is my mom lucky I don't have any little girls yet. Otherwise I would be quite jealous...wait, let me re-think that. Even though I don't have girls to put that way cute outfit on I am still JEALOUS! Next on my list of things to purchase--a sewing machine. What a cute idea! You're so crafty! If you were closer I would reccommend you for an Enrichment Night. You are sooo talented!!

Annemarie said...

Kelley...they are sooooo cute!! Lucky girls! Every once in a while I send instructions to my mom of something I want her to create for Lizzie. This will be next on the list!
Partridge tacos?!? Please share!!

Heather Bailey said...

Great use of the Party Chicks pattern! I'd love to feature it on my blog :)

xo--Heather

Kayley said...

Mom those are SOOOOO cute. I'm jealous I'm not there for Partridge tacos :(

Kelley said...

Heather ~ I'd be so honored! I just ordered fabric from your Pop Garden Lime Paisley Collection to make the Edith Skirts featured in ME for my little granddaughters for Christmas. Now I'm addicted to your fabrics!

Molly said...

Cute skirts!