Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where

.... is Nana's Wallet?

Today Marci and Addie stopped by while Ella was at pre-school. Marci and I were upstairs in my sewing/craft room. Addie was being Addie...CUTE, of course. She was talking to the cats, singing and entertaining herself as usual. She had been up and down the stairs several times and would peek her cute little blonde head in the room and say something funny every now and again.

When it was time to leave Addie was downstairs and Marci started calling to her, "time to go Addie Girl". As Marci and I walked down the stairs we saw my bag that I'd left on the dining room chair (unzipped and inviting) was on the floor and Addie had rearranged everything in my checkbook and card case. We put it all away, no harm done and I kissed them both good bye.




Not 10 minutes later Mark (my #1 thing I can't live without) needed something that I had in my wallet. I went back to my bag on the dining room chair and began digging through things and my wallet was not there. I thought surely it's in the bottom of this bag and took everything out.
Nope, no wallet. I called Marci to ask her if she'd seen it when we found the other things and she said "no, but it could be anywhere". Well I looked EVERYWHERE. You know that is one of my gifts, I'm a really good "finder" .... usually.




I started worrying (another thing I'm really good at). What if it wasn't in my bag when Addie discovered it unzipped on the chair. Yesterday, I went to the Temple. I remembered having my bag and specifically my wallet as we were driving home because we were thinking of stopping for lunch. Then I went to the bank. I didn't even get out of the car though. I went through the drive thru. What if I dropped it somehow????? Poor Nana, now I was moving past worrying and going to my next step "fretting".

I called Marci and she tried to think of some possibilities and assured me that she was sure Addie must have put it somewhere. She told me about some recent "hidings" Addie has done and put me at ease, that yes indeed, my wallet had to be somewhere in the house.

I decided to go about by business and tidy up a bit, of course, all the while looking in every possible place as I scurried about. No wallet....

I went to put something away in Hope's room. Her door was closed, as usual. When I opened her door the first thing I saw was, you guessed it, none other than MY WALLET on Hope's bed of all places. Who would have thunk it! What a relief! I'll have to be a little more on guard when Addie comes to visit. She's a sly little cute one. Hope's bed is pretty popular. When I can't find the cats, that's where they are. They love her room! Aren't they sweet guys!

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Ha! I love how she placed it to look JUST like one of the pillows :) She was a busy girl!

Annemarie said...

Oh, she's good. That is so funny!! Glad you found it!

Diane said...

That was a fun one to read. I have felt those feelings many times. I have several purses and things get changed from one to another and sometimes they get left out altogether. I can't blame it on Addie, just my own occasionally scattered self.

It actually looks cute on Hope's bed, maybe Addie is a budding decorator?

Marci said...

I'm just relieved you found it...and that I found the lotion of mine that she hid away yesterday too!

Diane said...

Addie always leaves little toys in hidden places around my house. I find them after they leave and it is a sweet reminder of their visit. There is a little pink cup behind the drape and it has been there for weeks. I love how it reminds me of her when I dust the window sill. :)

McKell and John said...

Thank you so much for my adorable head band! Now I need to go buy an outfit to match it!!! You are too sweet!!!! Love, Mckell

Kelley said...

Diane that is so cute. I just found some little Fischer Price people in the big bird cage upstairs... so sweet

stblooms said...

That is so funny. Great post. Love Hope's room too!