- 1/4 cup drained, chopped pimentos
- 1(2 1/4-ounce) package slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 cup grated sharp cheese, your choice, divided
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (don't worry, the alcohol burns off during cooking)
- 4 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cup cooked egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, soup, broth, and sherry. Add the chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, the almonds, pimento, mushrooms, and salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently to combine. Transfer the mixture to a greased 13-by-9-by-2 inch casserole and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
3.Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.