Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thank You Thursday

We are having a cold spell....mind you, I'm not complaining. Mark is in Ohio and well, he's complaining...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I was having a so, so day, trying to cross things off my "to do" list. You know how it is. Sometimes that can be fun and then other times, well there was just so much to do, to do, to do.

I got back from running a couple of errands and there was this delightful message on the home voice mail. It went something like this, " Hi mom, this is Marci. The girls and I are on the way to the library and I was wondering if you'd like to come by for lunch. I have some soup I made yesterday and Mike's not really a huge soup fan. Let me know if you'd like to see the girls and join us. I'll call you when we're on the way home."
Now that gave me the boost to do, to do, to do so I could have a little afternoon fiesta with
Marci and the Cuties.
I got to play with
Her
and
Her!
The soup was so delicious and the company was well, what I needed!

9 comments:

sewpink said...

Lucky You!

dreamit said...

That soup recipe sounds delicious. Doesn't a little break from the routine do wonders!

Christina said...

I'm at work and would LOVE a bowl of that soup RIGHT NOW!!!!!

stacey said...

That sounds so good. Nice way to spend the afternoon too!

Diane said...

What a nice afternoon for you and all your girls. I am so baffled by Mike not liking soup. I LOVE it! Nothing is better than sipping soup from a mug when it is chilly outside....we've had it twice for dinner this past week!

Marci said...

I was having a blah day, so I'm glad you were able to come!

monstermash said...

I can't wait to try that recipe. I would love a message like that.

Kayley said...

lucky...that soup looks really really good!

Kelley said...

It was!:)!